The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands; also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you a creative visionary with the practical know-how to bring innovative ideas to life in various formats? Do you manifest your vision through compelling narratives and storytelling? Is your superpower formulating a strategic response when articulating creative ideas and aligning them with business goals? Do you have an empathetic and determined approach to creating the best-mixed media presentations and the know-how to edit and scale ideas to get the very best concepts that can move the ‘marketing’ needle and move people to feel and act? If so, you could be a perfect fit for the Associate Creative Director role currently available at Team Liquid.
In the Associate Creative Director role, you will be in charge of the creative output within the Brand, Marketing, and Content teams, overseeing the relationship with production partners and strategists within the business. You will be a leader in setting the craft standard and bar level of excellence. You will be an ace creative who is a constant source of ideas and inspiration, continuously brainstorming and problem-solving using the full palette of media. Your feedback and recommendations will stretch across various forms of content, including but not limited to episodic content, social media posts, and marketing campaigns.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Execute consistently high standards across brand campaigns and brand partner campaigns, including those that support Coinbase, Alienware, Verizon, Honda, and more.
- Establish a creative approach to elevate our many competitive teams’ profiles in their pursuit of victory.
- Redesign and conceptualize ideas for our owned and operated channels, including how we show up on social media, Twitch, physical events, websites, and partner materials.
- Provide ideas and input into pitches to potential sponsors and partners.
What You’ll Need:
- You’re a gaming, entertainment, and pop culture lover. Extra credit if you’re also an esports fan and have experience within the space.
- Proven experience working in a creative department, either in-house or at an agency.
- You have hands-on design and art direction skills: experience with animation, concept art, illustration, image retouching, and photoshoot.
- You provide clear direction to design teams and communicate ideas and programs both visually and verbally to individuals at all levels.
- An online portfolio or work samples demonstrating your ability to strategically ideate and execute an omnichannel/mixed-media campaign with a consumer brand.
- A proven track record of success creating and executing a range of content formats, whether social, short, or long forms.
- Experience creating for creative brands in digital, experiential, and environmental channels and a history of delivering brand design systems.
- 2+ years leading multi-disciplinary creative teams with the following domains; art, design, motion, copy, video, audio, UI/UX, experiential and A/B testing/experimentation.
- Fluent with Adobe applications, Microsoft Office, Google apps, and Prototyping tools such as; Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, InDesign, Google Slides/Sheets/Docs, PowerPoint, etc.
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player.
- Passion for working in a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation skills both creatively and verbally.