Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Communications Manager will build and deliver proactive and reactive narratives that promote an understanding of and interest in Twitch across two geographies in EMEA – DACH and France.
You will design and execute campaigns across these markets and work closely with several internal teams including partnerships, marketing, and content to promote who and what is streaming on Twitch. You will also work with product marketing and product management to develop strategic and creative plans to launch new features, communicate updates, and keep our communities informed on the benefits of what we’re building. In addition, you will work with the sales team to create revenue stories and demonstrate the unique opportunities for advertisers on Twitch while also supporting the broader communications team in crisis and issues management. You will report to the Senior Director of Communications and be supported by high calibre agencies.
You have great instincts and are comfortable working with media, under pressure, on tight deadlines and juggling a number of priorities. You are motivated, passionate, and positive with great attention to detail. You have experience in and passion for the breadth of the communications landscape and can quickly and easily build trusted relationships with stakeholders, think and work cross-functionally, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
This role can be based in Berlin, London or Paris.
- Execute strategic plans and tell proactivestories to help build Twitch’s brand in the consumer, corporate and B2B landscapes
- Manage agency relationships across markets
- Help develop proactive and reactive communications plans and campaigns
- Tailor global storytelling to local markets
- Build and maintain relationships with keyreporters
- Develop and support strategic speaking opportunities for company executives
- Craft the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- Extensive experience in public relations
- Established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience working with PR agencies or teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to exercise sound business judgmentin fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Fluency in German
- French language fluency
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Maternity & Parental Benefits
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates