We are looking for an experienced leader within communications & Public Relations (PR) to further develop our PR team and position ESL Gaming as the leading esports platform, increasing consumer and corporate awareness of the company. You will own the company’s PR strategy & lead a team of communications professionals to craft and communicate strong narratives to a broad set of target groups.
As Director PR at ESL, you are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in gaming. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. Quick decision making allows us to create products & events which shape and define the nature of the esports market. We value team chemistry and teamwork above anything else, creating a friendly and fast paced work environment.
The Director PR reports into our VP Corporate Marketing and Brand and would manage a team of 3 Communication Managers. Ideally, this position would be based in either the United Kingdom or Germany, however, remote work may be available for the right candidate (CET time zone).
What you’ll do:
- Work with leadership to develop the long-term PR strategy for ESL Gaming and its broad portfolio of brands and products, based on the company objectives, in order to position the company as the world’s leading esports company
- Create a proactive activity calendar of PR-related activities updated on a quarterly basis
- Manage a team of communication professionals, and relationships with external PR agencies, who will execute the developed strategy and calendar
- Own and allocate ESL’s PR budget towards campaigns, agencies, and other activities
- Work closely with stakeholders in our Fan Marketing (B2C) teams to ensure alignment between corporate communications and community management
- Work closely with stakeholders in our Product & Commercial stakeholders as the primary owners of products and partnerships that make up our content
- Develop and maintain best practices and ways of working for the PR team to ensure continuous improvement, high transparency, and a objective-driven approach to communication
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or English or equivalent work experience
- 7+ year of experience in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- An understanding of the esports and gaming industry
- Proven experience of leading teams within the communications field
- Proven experience of developing and managing PR & communication strategies
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player with the ability to adapt in a changing environment
ESL Gaming is the world’s leading esports company. For more than two decades, we have been shaping the industry and leading esports and gaming innovation globally across the most popular video games, creating a comprehensive ecosystem with opportunities for players to go from zero to hero, and for fans to witness the best stories esports has to offer. Our portfolio consists of high-profile products such as the ESL Pro Tour, Intel® Extreme Masters, ESL Mobile, DreamHack Festivals, and many more, ranging from grassroots to global elite competitions. ESL Gaming is part of ESL Faceit Group. More information is available at about.eslgaming.com.
ESL Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. We are creating a world where everybody can be somebody. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.