As Esports Sr director , head of regions for the UBISOFT ESPORT TEAM, you will manage 3 regions (LATAM, NA and EMEA). You’ll lead the consistency, coordination, and development of regional leagues to develop the most appropriated and complete ecosystem with regional experts.
Your focus will be to support holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and esports organizations all around the world . You will be the lead driver to deliver value to our fans and partners, providing resonant and memorable experiences as well as strong commercial performances.
You’ll responsible for an important portion of the global Esports P&L. Managing the 3 regionals budgets and gives a high vision of this part of the P&L.
You’ll be able to give a clear, high-level vision of each pyramid of our Esports to top management (from grassroots to professional scene), You’ll be agile and supportive of global vision you’ll build with other global experts to promote visions and decisions with regional stakeholders.
You’ll manage operational topics with regional leaders to ensure the viability & professionalism of our regional and local ecosystems.
Your strategic vision, product and people management skills and passion for esports will establish a new standard in professional esports.
You will report to Global Esports Sr director to align your strategy and vision with our overall publishing strategy.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing the 3 regional leaders (EMEA, NA and LATAM)
- Manage the WW operations P&L of regions: process, tool, follow up, etc.
- Develop efficient partnership with tournament organizers & external partners: Develop synergies between regions and/or specifies needed by regional experts
- Develop tools, process, benchmark with regional leaders for every regional expertise.
- Communicate with Global Esports expertise: Communication, Commissioner, Events, Business & Data’s.
- Create a consistent ecosystem hand in hand with Commissioner vision & regional specifies.
- Reporting on regional competitions: Status, improvement, and development.
- Prioritize strategics move & needs for each regional team.
- Manage consistent business model & sustainability of regional league and National leagues with more than 15 national championships.
- Support messages & visions by the global Esports expertise and educate regional teams on operational executions.
- Prepare the execution and launch of new Esports scenes for new games according to regional potential & agenda.
- Maintaining a fun, inclusive and healthy working environment with regional teams and global expertise.
- Development management skills of your regional leaders.
Safety & Inclusive responsibilities
- Everyone at Ubisoft is expected to be caring, respectful and inclusive, and as a manager, you have an additional responsibility to make this happen and show the example.
- You care for your team members, and commit to challenge your own bias and adapt your approach to make the most of all forms of diversity.
- You and your team members consider wellbeing and safety (physical and psychological) a priority, so support each other and show empathy in all situations.
- You immediately address any form of harassment and bullying, taking appropriate measures to prevent them from happening again.
- You demonstrate care for people, express inclusive behaviors and foster a safe & respectful work environment
- Senior combined experience across traditional sports and/or esports
- Senior management experience, preferably working with distributed teams in remote locations and countries
- Demonstrated track record of defining successful strategies in esports, entertainment or traditional sports industries
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and management skills
- Have a deep comprehension of the various components that make up an esports program and be conversationally adept in them, including business management, brand management, software and application development, game design, event management, content development, competitive structure and rulesets, player and team management and broadcast production
- Maintain awareness of industry and related trends and best practices to identify opportunities to leverage or improve our programs
- Team player, adept at building relationships across organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with a diverse employee pool
- Excellent communication skills: you can effectively communicate in any medium including the ability to present complex topics both in person, over the phone, and through concise document writing.; you’re able to convert large amount of information and data into clear, professional presentations
- Proven multi-tasking: you’re able to manage multiple projects and deliverables at once and you’re a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Ability for moderate to frequent travel, including international destinations
- Fluent English
The position is based in Saint-Mandé (Métro 1 – Portes de Vincennes).
Ubisoft offers the same job opportunities to all, without any distinction of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, social status, disability or age. Ubisoft ensures the development of an inclusive work environment which mirrors the diversity of our players’ community.