- Working place North America
G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 45 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
G2 is looking for a Head of Sales to be kept abreast of industry trends, market and competitors’ activities, and serves as a business representative at major industry events, conferences or trade shows. This person will lead the presentation for business development, is involved in meetings with key business stakeholders and is a team leader that is able to motivate and ensure a highly effective team of sales managers. This is a full time position based in the US (either in NY or LA) who will directly report to our CRO.
- Lead the day-to-day sales efforts for G2 set of sponsorship and brand partnerships products
- Work with the CRO, the sales team to achieve revenue goals. Implement the go-to-market strategy set in partnership with the CRO and the executive team, uncover new opportunities and build new strategic partnerships for the company
- Act as a player – coach for the sales team in managing both near and long-term strategic sales activities required to exceed annual sales growth
- Support G2 in building a strong network of strategic new brand partners: bring your own network, build new enduring relationships with senior level marketers at brands and agencies, help the team grow and deepen their client relationships.
- Own the voice of your customer in any internal discussions regarding product innovation, marketplace solutions, measurement requirements, etc
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and execute best-in-class campaigns for brand partners and advertisers.
- Maintain active knowledge of market landscape, clients needs and future challenges, trends and competitor activities, providing market feedback to company leadership and being the voice for the team and market needs within 3BD.
- Be versed in sponsorships, branded content, media as well as data-driven solutions.
- Propel company’s commercial growth with a combination of our own book of business and sales team oversight.
- Such other duties as your role may require, as directed by the Company.
- Proven expertise and experience working in digital sales, sponsorships and branded content with at least 8 years of experience ideally in a primarily digital media company.
- Deep relationships with brand advertising decision makers. A track record of achievement in revenue generation
- Nuanced understanding of the current digital sales, sponsorships and branded content marketplace and the ability to help create and sell strategic packages that go beyond narrow performance metrics.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- A world-class salesperson, a leader and a team player.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills. Someone who wants to both roll up sleeves and do the work while guiding a team capable of doing the same.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Detail-oriented and persuasive.
- Knowledge of the gaming and esports industry is a plus.
Your benefits working at G2 Esports
Work Culture. You will be surrounded by experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere. A workplace where unity, honesty, pioneering, fairness and integrity are valued.
Perks. Competitive salary; Competitive salary & benefits package; opportunity to travel internationally with the organization; great IT equipment; flexible working times; additional holidays & being a part of the G2 family.
Development. Get mentored by some of the best within Esport and access a wide network of great people and companies inside and outside of the industry.