G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 35 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Our Social Media Specialist has to be reliable, well-organized, and have that creative spark. We expect you to be innovative, proactive, and speak the community language. An excellent understanding of new and popular trends as well as esports knowledge is a must.
You will be the eyes and ears of G2, representing the club, our partners, and fans across all our communication platforms, as you enthusiastically engage on a daily basis. You should be comfortable working in an international group alongside the rest of our core staff and Content Team in Berlin, Germany and willing to travel to events if necessary.
This is a full time position based in our headquarters in Berlin who will directly report to our Head of Media.
- Responsible for managing our community and Social Media accounts on: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, dedicated esports or game forums/communities, and any additional platform G2 decides to use or our teams are affiliated with.
- Highly Communicative – you know how to stir up great conversation, foster engagement and interaction, and listen and relay to others what the community and our partners require and desire.
- Proactive and well-organized – you do not wait to be told what to do, you plan in advance, react flexibly on occuring news and always have some evergreen posts ready.
- Reddit Analyst and Twitter expert – you always look for the freshest memes, discussion topics, and tendencies within online communities.
- Execute, schedule, and track G2 partner activities according to agreement with our partners.
- Able and willing to travel to the most relevant G2 events in order to coordinate and execute live community events and activities.
- 2+ years experience as a social media/community specialist, or similar role.
- Deep understanding of Esports, being familiar with titles such as: League of Legends, CS:GO, Valorant, Rainbow 6, Rocket League and Apex Legends.
- In-depth knowledge of all major social platforms: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & YouTube.
- A proven track record ideating, delivering and managing social media campaigns that have driven engagement.
- Have a creative, fun and positive mindset and be able to think outside the box.
- Good communication and coordination skills. Experience working and coordinating with international team members is a plus.
- Native level oral and written communication in English.
- Experience in working with Google Suite and/or Office applications such as Powerpoint, Excel and Word or similar.
- Keen interest in esports is required.
- Currently residing in or able to relocate to Berlin.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with an esports community, team, organization or similar.
- Experience in Creative Marketing.
- Experience with data analysis, reporting, and providing insight.
- Hootsuite, Emplify, Sprout Social, or similar Content Management System experience managing and publishing through multiple social media networks.
- Additional Language is highly desirable, but not required.
Your benefits working at G2 Esports
Work Culture. You will be surrounded by experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere. A workplace where unity, honesty, pioneering, fairness and integrity are valued.
Perks. Competitive salary; office in the heart of Berlin; gym membership; great IT equipment; flexible working times; additional holidays & being a part of the G2 family.
Development. Get mentored by some of the best within Esport and access a wide network of great people and companies inside and outside of the industry.