- Working place Los Angeles
As a Senior Broadcast Producer, you’ll be an integral part of the leadership, responsible for the operation and strategic planning of the broadcast arm of the Content Services Team. (1) Responsible for finding synergies and efficiencies across the verticals within Content Services (Stryker, Production, Broadcast) in order to streamline global events planning and deliver on budget events. (2) Lead Broadcast representative overseeing the creative and operational elements of large scale global events collaborating with Marketing, Insights, and 3rd Party Partners to deliver on brand executions (3) Work cross product alongside the Director of Broadcast to develop broadcast strategy across all platforms.
You will use your operational and creative expertise to manage the production of broadcast feeds by working alongside engineering/Stryker to develop production plans, develop runs-of-show, managing how creative and ceremonial elements are presented on-air, managing translation workflows from interviews and collaborating with esports teams on stage design, video content, and graphics for large scale global events.
- Lead strategic broadcast event planning alongside Stryker team to ensure maximum cost savings and efficiency per event
- Represent broadcast within the REN vertical and direct content services resources within REN
- Manage the execution of global broadcast feeds while ensuring that all broadcast partners are properly equipped to succeed from pre-production onwards by maintaining open communication and content distribution channels
- Lead the production crew on-air and plan for future shows as you oversee daily rundowns, rehearsals, production and event scheduling, manage translation workflows through LPRT and ensure proper staffing in collaboration with our production management team
- Oversee load-in and setup of broadcast-related elements for events
- Collaborate in the development of and help realize the editorial vision for the broadcast portion of our live events and its elements (on-air graphics, video content, set design, lighting, audio, ceremonies, etc.)
- Create identities for new esports by partnering with Esports Publishing to align on branding for each broadcast product and ensure seamless on-air execution.
- Partner with business development teams to create compelling content and broadcast opportunities for sponsorships and new inventory
- Collaborate with Production and Engineering to help implement new broadcast technologies and improvements to existing features across the portfolio to continue to make Riot a world-class innovator in esports broadcasting
- You have 8-12 years experience in broadcast
- You have experience working with creative content production
- You are intimately familiar with the esports landscape
- You are able to travel internationally for extended periods of time as events require
- 6+ years of experience in production.
- Experience working on large-scale live events
- Knowledge of and familiarity with the Riot Esports ecosystem
- Outstanding creative capabilities.
- Experience pushing the creative technical limits of broadcast
- Extensive story telling chops
- Ability to train a critical eye on partner pitches and give effective feedback
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.