Who We Are
Cloud9 Esports is the premier esports organization in the world. Fielding fourteen professional teams in twelve different games, Cloud9’s reach is unparalleled – generating more viewer hours than cable networks like CNN or ESPN. In 2017, Nielsen declared Cloud9 as the most recognized esports brand in the US and UK. Cloud9 is one of two organizations globally to own franchises in both the League of Legends LCS and the Overwatch League.
Accepting remote work from the following states Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
About The Position
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading audience engagement and social strategy for Cloud9 Esports. In addition, this person will manage the C9 social strategy, emphasizing growing social channel followers and engaging with our fans in fun and impactful ways. The ideal candidate will understand the current social media landscape and have executed innovative and clever ideas.
This role will report to the Director of Marketing and work closely with the Cloud9 Social, Content, Creative, and Partnership teams. Additionally, the position will be the go-to point of contact for Cloud9 social media and help the Director of Marketing supervise the social team. The ideal candidate desires to create impactful, growth hacking social media solutions, measuring success, and mentoring a team.
Marketing manager responsibilities include tracking and analyzing the performance of advertising campaigns, managing the marketing budget, and ensuring that all marketing material is in line with our brand identity. To be successful in this role, you should have hands-on experience with web analytics tools and be able to turn creative ideas into effective advertising projects.
- Manage social media platform strategy, KPIs, and execution across platforms such as TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Discord, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, etc.
- Own and update the social editorial calendar, manage social requests, and execute publishing, including live social media coverage during play days and live events.
- Lead social media tagging, reporting, and insights using analytics tools such as Sprout.
- Supervise the social team alongside the Marketing Director to drive accountability.
- Play a key role in marketing creativity and content by utilizing learnings to inform and support our future approach.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution.
- Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies, and vendors.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Determine staffing needs, hire and train staff, supervise, coach, and guide staff.
- Work with the staff on individual goals to support department and company goals and objectives.
- Develop staff to maximize potential including providing ongoing and timely feedback on performance, delegate and follow up on work results to ensure goals are met.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital marketing, marketing, communications or related field.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience and knowledge of marketing principles and execution and at least 2 years of direct staff management experience.
- Ability to evaluate performance data and deliver insights based on agreed-upon metrics/KPIs.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and adaptability to fluid and last-minute changes.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media channel growth.
- Experience with using social media tools such as Sprout, Google Analytics, and other similar tools.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in TikTok, Snapchat, and Reddit.
- Experience in Esports Leagues that Cloud9 is involved in League of Legends, Valorant, Rainbow Six, Apex Legends, and Wild Rift.
- Marketing portfolio or sample work to share.
- Marketing Certifications.
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA, and a matching 401K!
- We believe in work/life balance and hence we offer a generous paid time off policy.
- Fast-paced environment within a rapidly growing company.
- Access to industry-leading esports resources and community.
- Part of a winning team with a growth mindset.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cloud9 Esports is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunity to individuals who are qualified to perform job requirements regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital or domestic partnership status, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws. Cloud9 is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cloud9 will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.