Based in the heart of London and founded in 2014, EXCEL ESPORTS is a British gaming culture brand with competitive rosters across the world’s biggest titles – League of Legends, Valorant, FIFA and Fortnite. As a purpose driven brand, EXCEL always strives to be better and uses its platform to make a positive impact on the gaming and esports community. With ambitious goals EXCEL is in an exciting expansion phase as it looks to build into a globally recognised brand.
Our commercial partners are a fundamental part of our journey, supporting our future growth and development whilst EXCEL, provides demonstrable ROI to ensure commercial success. As the Partnership Executive (New Business) you will be key in supporting the Partnerships Manager to grow and develop the commercial pipeline and ultimately the delivery of awesome new partners. Your creativity, tenacity and drive for success will help excite, educate and engage brands about the huge potential EXCEL offers our partners delivered through partner marketing campaigns, sponsorship, social activations, events, branded content and more.
This role will include working closely with various internal and external stakeholders. You will thoroughly understand the motivations and expectations of brands in partnering with and building the foundations of a long-term relationship that has the ability to scale. You will research brands on hitlist, analyse market trends for new opportunities, and input data to CRM. As well as generate leads through targeted outreach to global tier 1 brands.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity and is at the forefront of levelling-up Excel in the world’s hottest entertainment space!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow and maintain partner pipeline in accordance with KPI’s
- Research and provide Market analysis on brands within defined target categories
- Generate new leads within defined target categories
- Ensure the XL CRM tool is updated and maintained daily
- Manage the sales pipeline to drive opportunities through the sales funnel and against defined KPI’s
- Understand and contribute to the EXCEL partner proposition
- Provide weekly activity reports to partnerships Manager in line with agreed KPI’s
- Support and contribute to wider partnership Team activities including ideation, pitch decks, data analysis.Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Direct, delivery focused high-volume sales experience
- Direct to Brand sales experience – navigating gate holders and internal structures
- Demonstrable track record of success
- Passionate, articulate, self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills – strong knowledge of CRM and Office tools
- Creative with a desire to add to the EXCEL proposition, partner pitches and internal commsPersonality traits
- Passionate, Enthusiastic
- Great communication skills
- Knowledgeable in our space – does not have to be a hard-core gamer but must be excited about the opportunity EXCEL providesThis role is based in our new London offices, must be commutable to EC1. Hybrid working available.
EXCEL Esports is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your difference is our power for better.
As a member of EXCEL, you will be fundamental in communicating our passion, purpose, and pride to the world. What you can expect is a group of colleagues all working passionately towards our future successes. Our office in London is exciting, vibrant & will provide for your needs, from Nespresso to smoothies and snacks in between. We offer a private cycle bike space, hybrid working, gaming stations, partnership perks, community events, training, private healthcare and access to an EXCEL approved gym. We are always looking to make an impact in everything we do, and that includes looking after you, we’ll be adding more fun things to enjoy as we grow.