- Working place Reading
The corporate communications team shapes Riot’s global identity and reputation with players, future Rioters, partners, governments, and more. Our team functions include public relations, government affairs, executive visibility, recruiting social media, riotgames.com editorial content, and more. We partner with teams across Riot to showcase what makes Riot special and why we strive to deliver for players every day. We love games and telling the stories that come from making them, but we also help explain Riot to people who don’t love games quite as much as we do.
As a PR Strategist – Games (or Public Relations III as it’s known internally), you will be based in the Reading office and will report to the Director of Communications EMEA, you will develop and execute PR strategies for our current and future games. You will develop communications representing Riots Games across media and press. You’ll master Riot’s Games brand and author communications that authentically reflect them.
- Develop and execute PR strategies for our games in EMEA
- Assist with relevant PR plans, media strategy, and press materials for all games across EMEA
- Work with the publishing team to evaluate and align on appropriate content roll-out plans, embargoes, and moments
- Disseminate timely plans, press kits, PR materials, and usage/embargo guidance to regional PR contacts and EMEA press
- Manage inbound interview and asset requests from EMEA press and and regional PR contacts, including: vetting outlets/opportunities and coordinating with appropriate developer spokespeople
- Establish and maintain relationships with Global counterparts to ensure a streamlined communications pipeline
- Maintain content calendars and PR roadmap to identify cross-game collaborative opportunities and prevent potential conflicts
- Author bylines, op eds, and other direct-to-player communications on behalf of the Riot corporate brand
- Develop relationships with communications leads across Riot to position yourself as a go-to resource for when tricky situations arise and they need extra firepower
- Become a brand expert for Riot and our games to sniff out the right stories that need to be shared externally
- 6+ years of experience with PR, media, or similar consulting experience including pitching, interview staffing, etc.
- Experience working in a team; able to execute in a cross-functional environment
- Experience with project management; able to organize various moving pieces
- Experience with audience understanding; deep player understanding and empathy
- Experience identifying opportunities for industry leadership and partner with teams as-needed to execution on those opportunities
- Well versed in writing, with deep experience communicating the unique voices of individual executives and brands
- Familiarity with exercising great discretion as it relates to confidential information
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical and dental insurance
- Open paid time off
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Wellness allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Travel Allowance
Let’s Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!