The global esports market generated over $1 billion in annual revenues in 2021; that’s a 50% increase from last year, driven primarily from sponsorships and advertising to an estimated global audience of 600 million fans. Breaking records is part of the game, and we’re just getting started! Who’s we? Team Liquid (TL) is a world-renowned professional esports organization, with offices in Santa Monica, CA, and the Netherlands, also ranked as one of the top three most valuable esports organizations by Forbes. We’re currently competing in over 15 different esports titles. We’re well on our way to helping shape the world of esports, all thanks to our incredible fans, athletes, influencers, content creators, Liquid+, and Liquipedia (the world’s most extensive esports wiki).
Are you fluent in Agile best practices and methodologies? Would you consider yourself a product management guru who understands how to shape product requirements from business goals into achievable milestones? Do you love to mentor team members to develop product management expertise, leading and validating their ideas through user testing? If so, you could be a perfect fit for the Product Manager role currently available at Team Liquid.
In the Product Manager role, you will work closely with internal stakeholders to help ensure strategy, execution, and product map delivery alignment and apply agile methodologies to planning, execution, and optimization. You will also act as a mentor to internal team members, overseeing product requirements to ensure goals and objectives are identified, documented, and executed while carefully managing scope, schedule, risks, issues, decisions, and achievable milestones within agreed timelines.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution, and delivery alignment.
- Manage quality control for all projects against agile standards and oversee capacity and other key project management KPIs.
- Develop an understanding of business direction, utilizing business cases to create use cases, identify product requirements.
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions, continuously evaluating new ideas through quick prototyping, user testing, and validation.
- Address internal stakeholders’ needs and concerns, providing recommendations on trade-off decisions and prioritization.
- Work closely with internal team members to define value, usability, and feasibility of product to create workflows, prototypes, and lead usability testing.
What You’ll Need:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Agile best practices and methodologies
- Experience managing software engineering teams
- Able to shape product requirements from business goals into achievable milestones
- Able to prioritize input from multiple stakeholders and deliver a product roadmap
- Ability to follow through and deliver on project milestones within deadlines
- Familiar with validating ideas through user testing
- Previous experience mentoring others in product management