- Working place Illinois
Gaming? Check. Esports? Check. Hardware? Check. Software? Check. We could go on and on. The point is we’ve been helping gamers get better since 2001. In fact, Esports pros have won more money using SteelSeries products than any other brand and we’re just getting started. Esports and Gaming are multi-billion-dollar industries, and we’re going to continue supporting them through innovative gear and software gamers need and love. We believe in being true to the gaming community, which means being true to ourselves. We create products that help the best of the best be better, and products that help the not-so-good feel not-so-bad. Most of us are gamers, but you don’t have to be, we promise! Just don’t be surprised if you become one within a few weeks of starting!
Want to see what we’re up to? Find us on social media, where we’re highlighting our community, amazing partners, and products!
Why We Need You:
SteelSeries is experiencing a rapid growth and the journey continues at full speed. SteelSeries purchases and sells products and software globally. The demand for the Accounting function being a well-oiled machine room is high and necessary to support the growth and we are strengthening our US support with an in-house US Accountant.
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Accountant to our Chicago office. Your responsibilities will, among other things, be to drive the execution of the global accounting processes for the North America activity, run the local accounting processes for the US and Canada entities and be a trusted advisor for the organization.
You will report to the Chief Accountant, Head of Accounting, Compliance and Tax, who is located at our Copenhagen office. The global Accounting team is currently located in Copenhagen and Taiwan and consists of 14 dedicated Accountants and 2 Accounting Managers.
- Accounting controlling, including on-site collecting of documentation and ensuring correct cut-off and completeness of the months, prep. audit documentation, communicating one-offs and discrepancies especially on US customers and vendors
- Payroll controlling, including preparing booking documentation in cooperation with Global Payroll
- Signer of checks and prepare payments in accordance with the global accounting procedures
- Ensure local rules and compliance
- Local US go-to person for the US based employees and vendors
- Hands-on handling of incoming checks, mail and invoices
- Implementation and recurrent compliance on global accounting policies and processes (including expenses, travel, accounting documentation)
- State reporting and other local filings (except taxes)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Relevant education e.g. CPA or similar
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles
- Strong knowledge of accounting procedures and local compliance
- Relevant IT skills
- Work independently
- Strong sense of ownership, quality, and meeting deadlines
- Great understanding of details and processes
- Ability to keep many things going at once, while maintaining the overview
- Inherent high business ethics
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU WILL:
- Settle in and get to know your new colleagues in the global ACT department and Chicago office
- Start being introduced to the procedures, tasks and the road-map
- Start scoping the role with the Chief Accountant
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Run daily tasks independently
- Become familiar with recurrent processes
- Start learning about ongoing process improvements
WITHIN 9 MONTHS YOU WILL:
- Work independently with the global Team and be the primary contact on accounting related questions from the North America Business
- Be experienced within the daily processes and broaden the horizon
- Run month-close tasks independently
- Participate actively in process implementation and development
- Massive opportunities for growing professionally and personally while making an impact
- Great colleagues with lots of professional expertise and lots of humor
- Competitive salary
- Free gear and games
Please note, SteelSeries US employment is contingent on proof of vaccination.