G2 is one of the world’s leading entertainment and esports brands. G2 was co-founded in 2015 by legendary League of Legends player-turned-team owner, Carlos ‘ocelote’ Rodriguez, and veteran esports entrepreneur and investor, Jens Hilgers. In the past five years, G2 has built a global fanbase of over 35 million fans spanning EMEA, North American, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
G2 Esports is looking for a Virtual Events Manager to manage the successful organization and implementation of G2’s virtual events. This task includes handling the execution of all virtual activities, from concept to execution, in order to ensure a smooth and successful implementation.
The person we are looking for must display the necessary knowledge of esports and have a thorough understanding of the field of virtual events. The ideal candidate ensures that projects are successfully executed from A to Z, while maintaining a high level of quality.
The role of Virtual Event Manager is fully remote with potential travels to support on-site events and to our HQ in Berlin.
- Help develop and execute our virtual event strategy and objectives
- Identify key titles, games and environments and create dedicated formats around those
- Integrate our virtual events into existing projects/activities to create a hybrid brand activation experience
- Negotiate and execute contracts with event-related stakeholders
- Create a network of suppliers for our virtual efforts
- Responsible for keeping track of all virtual event related deliverables from our partners
- Assist in creating and managing a well-planned calendar of G2 virtual events
- Create, manage and execute virtual events, conforming to budget
- Assist in the development and execution of special events
- Maintain and update internal operating systems
- Minimum of 1 year experience in virtual event management.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in product/community management.
- Proven experience in delivering virtual event concepts including planning, execution and reporting.
- Deep understanding of the Web 3 space with experience and knowledge of NFTs, crypto-currencies, metaverse and other virtual environments
- Experience working with 2 of the following: Minecraft, Fortnite, Roblox, VR, game-making engines (portfolio required)
- You are a creative person, very innovative, and always think outside the box
- Experience partnering and working with commercial and content teams
- Highly organized with an ability to manage resources, budgets, and personnel
- Strong communication skills – written and oral
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously working under tight deadlines with excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter mentality, detailed oriented
- Esports knowledge is a plus
- Absolute fluency in English, any other language is a plus
Your Benefits working at G2 Esports
Perks: Competitive salary; yearly performance bonus; IT equipment to equip your home-office; flexible working times; G2 Esports welcome pack; and more!
Work Culture & environment: Working for Europe’s most successful esports organization, you will be surrounded by international, experienced, successful and ambitious co-workers that will push you to your limits in a positive and inspiring working atmosphere! A workplace where loyalty, trust, empowerment and feedback are valued.
Development: Work closely with one of the best companies within esports and access a wide network of respectable people and structures in and outside of the industry.